Thursday, January 8, 2009

I'm skeerd!!!!

Tomorrow is my day in court. I wrecked our car back on October 22nd. Ok, so I rear-ended some lady. I was on I-15 and people were slowing, so I slowed. Then people stopped so I stopped into the back end of her. Not on purpose of course. I was paying complete attention. It was an accident. I wasn't looking at the Humane Society sign or anything like some people think. Traffic just slowed too fast and my car didn't slow quick enough. Sorry, old cars don't have ABS. Cops come, we do the paperwork, yadda yadda yadda....I get a ticket for speeding. MEH! This is what happened to my car.....



Busted up radiator, bumper, not to mention look what I did to the hood. Whoa buddy! We ended up getting a cute new cranberry red Scion out of the deal. Yes, thanks for asking...I love it! I wash it all the time. So much so, that my little brother and his cute wife bought me this Armoral car washing kit and a shammy! But all of that is way off topic. I have to go see the judge tomorrow because I decided to fight the speeding ticket. I didn't think I was speeding. I feel I was going with the flow of traffic and I wasn't distracted. I am now (at the 11th hour) regretting this decision. Sitting here wondering why I didn't just pay the $120 ticket, go to traffic school and call it good is really getting on my nerves. Why didn't I just suck it up, say, "Ok it was my fault" and cough up the money is beyond me. Now I have to go sit, like a nervous wreck, in a court room, in front of a scary judge hoping I don't have to pay court fees on top of a ticket and traffic school. What did I get myself into? I had someone tell me, that if I really believed it wasn't my fault, then I just had to go in and be confident about it all. I guess we will see how it all turns out tomorrow at 10am.....On Traffic Court!!!! Dun Dun Dun!!!!!


No comments: